Monday, October 8, 2007

Too long...

Greetings! Much has happened since I posted last and I know I have really been slacking with regards to this blog. I have written more since my last post but those writings shall remain drafted in my folder as I think they may be a bit too ornery to post :-) Anyway, I have to make this short tonight.

Since Z's birthday, life here has been busy. I am constantly feeling frustrated at how little I am able to accomplish in a day. I have been reminded in numerous ways that the mercies of God are fresh every morning and every night hold out hope that tomorrow I will be able to endure the whining, fighting, mess-making chaos that accompanies every day (which is also offset by the giggles, hugs and cuddles that keep it all in perspective). The isolation of being a stay-at-home mom is sometimes more than I can bear and I trust each day that the Lord will sustain me through this time.

As to the daily happenings of life in the Bailey household...
We went to our first meeting of New City Fellowship and it turned out to be an adventure. I will post more on this another time. Tom has had some long hours the past two weeks but is enjoying his job. Ellie is practically crawling and doing what we call the 'inch worm'. The attic, which we are converting to a bedroom, is 3/4 finished. Lastly, the kiddos went to their first gymnastics class--so cute!

On a lighter note...

At the dinner table we were listening to a children's CD and the song, 'This Little Light of Mine,' came on. Zachary began singing along, proudly displaying his middle finger and said, "Look at my light Mommy, this is the light finger!"

Okay, well I will post more soon...although my soon may not be too soon!




8 comments:

Amy R. said...

Hi Andrea - remember me from Sarah's wedding? I have been reading your blog and loving it. It's an encouragement to me. And today's post compelled me to comment. It's good to know that there's another mom out there who feels the sometimes overwhelming weight of isolation from being a stay-at-home mom. I wouldn't want to be away from them, but sometimes I just want to get away! What a contradiction in my heart. I also pray that God will renew me each morning because sometimes I don't know if I'll last the day!

I think you are an awesome mom and I am so glad that I got to meet you a few months ago. I'm looking forward to more posts! And Ellie is such a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

We want to hear the ornery post!!!

P.S. Hi Amy!!

Meg said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for your honesty. Don't we all struggle in these same areas? I'm feeling it today!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that you are feeling the same feelings I felt over 25 years ago in Nebraska! I felt the same: I want to get away-I don't want to get away. And that was after six years of teaching in the "real" world! Which gave me much motivation to stay at home with my little ones and should have stored up enough so I would be content to be at home, but of course, there were still days...

It's hard to remember that these days are fleeting and you will be soooo far past them in such a short time. You DO have it better than I because you can blog with Abby and Amy R. and actually share your feelings and encourage each other. What a HUUUUGE blessing.

When I was a young stay-at-home mom, long distance phone calls were impossible, over $30.00 for even 5 minutes to talk with my own mother. And remember, back then being at home was just about the LOWEST FORM OF JOB FOR A WOMAN THERE WAS. Everybody looked down on you. Women were supposed to be liberated from all that. But I plugged on and am glad I chose to stay at home even if it was HARD! Because it WAS hard. But it was worth it. And I know you three women and many others DO know in your hearts that you are doing the right thing for your family.

YOU GO, GIRLS! You have my support and admiration. And you will have the devotion of your husband and children all the days of your lives.

Andrea said...

I have to post this comment on my own blog to say that I was soooo blessed by your comments today.

Aunt Marcia, your wise words are nourishment for the soul and a warm embrace from a seasoned mother who has been there and lovingly points me to faithfulness! Thank you. I miss you!
Amy, I am totally excited to know that you read my blog! I loved getting to visit with you at the wedding and can't wait to keep up on each other's lives via the web :-) How are the girls? I was blessed by the time I got to spend with you in St. Louis and hope we can all keep in touch.

Also, I want you all to meet Megan who is also a stay-at-home mom and a dear friend. She just had a little boy back in August and has an adorable little girl who is three and loves to keep her busy! She is an encouragement to me and listens to me vent about my chaos often! Thanks for your encouragements Megan and being a true friend!
Abby, my longest friend, I don't know what I'd do without you (and I really mean that!)! Can I send you the unedited versions of my posts and you can tell me if they are acceptable to publish or too ornery?

I thank the Lord for all of you and as always, am missing all of you who live so far away!

Sarah Gingrich said...

What? You mean your little angels make chaos?? Har har. I think I go about nuts when Dustin goes away for a week or so on missions trips. I become "snappy" Mommy..."dragon" mommy perhaps...I don't know..just getting emotionally overdrawn can make me flip out about finding crumb trails on my freshly vacuumed floors. I have to give myself "time-outs" to cool off so that my mean mommy voice gets tempered down. But, I have to say that missions has made life easier on me in some ways; Dustin's schedule is more flexible and he's available sometimes for childcare during the day so I can attend prayer meetings or run errands. We have more time together as a family and I can get out to rowing as it's a ministry priority for our family. So, I rejoice and try to have hope during the times he is gone : ). Anyways...hang in there; this too shall pass and when they're teenagers we'll be longing for these days ; ).

Anonymous said...

Hi Anstra,
Absolutely you can send me your ornery posts, my guess is you have nothing to worry about. Can't wait to read them!

Love You!
Abby

Anonymous said...

Ornery or not, we want more posts! :)

Love,
Abby