Monday, August 27, 2007

Toddler Talk

A Day's Thoughts, by Zachary and Ethan...











Ethan the Nurturer
Zachary fell asleep this afternoon on the futon and awoke with a fever. In an attempt to wake him and move him upstairs I said to Zachary, "Honey, let's wake up and go to your bed...Honey...come on buddy," and so on and so forth.


Ethan, having observed this whole series of supplications, made his way over to his big brother, began stroking Zachary's hair and started in his expressive sing-songy voice, "Zatry, honey, come Zatry, oh honey, you sick?"

Ethan On Potty-training
I had a friend over today and while we were visiting Zachary announced that he had to go to the bathroom. Very excited over this opportunity to go potty with his brother, Ethan ran to join in on the fun! I let Ethan go up to our second floor bathroom (our only bathroom) to go potty like a 'big boy' without my supervision. OOPS! When I came upstairs both boys were naked staring at the wall. Ethan looked at me with a timid smile and proclaimed, "Me go pee-pee like a big boy. Me miss. Me go pee-pee on wall." NOTE TO SELF: Ethan is not old enough to go unsupervised in these matters!



Zachary On the Movie 'CARS'
Zachary has really been into the Disney-Pixar film, 'CARS' of late and addressed some of his aspirations to me before bed tonight. This is what he said...

"Mommy, I need a Fabulous Hudson Hornet because I've never had one and they go really fast. Maybe when we grow up we can get one and go really fast...cause they're really fast."

I think we have established that Hudson Hornets go really fast.


Well, I am exhausted tonight as I only had about three uninterrupted hours of sleep last night. I will write again soon and was so encouraged to get feedback by so many of you! Thank you! Sleep well.






5 comments:

Meg said...

So cute! I love the things they say. I hope Zachary is feeling better.

Lauren said...

See...there ARE advantages to keeping a 2-year-old boy in diapers as long as possible. For my part I'm enjoying the lack of pee-pee on the wall.

Isn't that a meaningful comment? My first ever comment on someone's blog and it's about pee.

nmatthews said...

Andrea, good to see you got the blog going. Keep us cousins posted often!

Unknown said...

Okay, my first ever comment on someone's blog will be a response to Lauren's comment about pee. And I'm even going to lower the bar by adding one about poop. (Let it never be said that we aren't interested in meaningful dialogue.)

I just think it's time for all you mom's out there to consider the concept of 'elimination communication' for your next baby. I don't like to brag (ha) but my barely-two-year-old grandson is both poop and pee trained since his mom used this system. (and he's been poop trained since about age 15-18 months. Just think about the volume of poo that never had to touch human hands). It's so great.

Louise

MJ Krech said...

Hi, Andrea! So glad to see you are doing a blog! I'm just loving hearing about you and Tom and your wonderful kids! Love you all bunches! --Love from your Aunt Marcia