Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Meaningful in the Mundane...


Hello. I am debating whether or not I should keep this blog since it is sorely neglected and I feel like there is never enough time to keep up on my posts...I guess it is what it is for now. Anyway, this one's for you Abby (she gently chided me for not posting more often :-))

Today was one of those days where very few thoughts of significance ran through my mind (although my morning started with Psalms reading at a friend's which was very significant and convicting). I came home to Zachary and Ethan requesting breakfast every other minute. First it was eggs, then it was oatmeal and then Zachary decided it should be pancakes. I decided to go with eggs, much to his dismay. Then Ethan had an accident and stomped in the puddle of pee he made on the floor. Then we did preschool. Then Ethan had an accident. Then we went to the store. We came home, the kids played so nicely and I reminded Ethan to go to the bathroom. Five minutes later, Ethan peed on the floor. Can you catch the reoccurring theme of my day? Hmmm...I think potty-training is overrated. Nevertheless, I will persevere because last week he did so well!

I am also thinking that the abundance of shallow thoughts that have been swimming around in my foggy head is the result of 4 1/2 months of no sleep. Will Ellie ever sleep through the night? I should do a poll on that! Maybe tonight will be better...but I doubt it!

Still, at the end of the day, I love being a mom and I love being a part of all the little mundane things that occupy our days...even if I don't always feel like I love it! Zachary said to me today, "Mommy, every day Daddy has to go to work but you have to stay here with us. I want you stay here with us because I love you!" And that reminds me of the importance of the ordinary events that comprise this season of our lives.

So, last but not least, Ellie requested that she be able to make a personal appearance on this blog and I agreed. Sorry this came out so dark but I hope you enjoy (gotta love the Mohawk and her cute little tongue!)...

Ummm...nevermind it didn't work so check out my next post!


3 comments:

Meg said...

Don't give up, Andrea! Do it when you can, you'll be thankful to look back on even just the few posts you have.

Anonymous said...

Yay! More posts! I love you guys, thanks for the shout out! :)

Abby

nmatthews said...

Andrea, don't stop writing por favor!